Saturday, August 21, 2010

thinking of B today.


a very dear friend of mine lost her father a week ago today.
it breaks my heart that all the great ones go way to soon.
i will be thinking of her all day today.
and hoping i can take away at least an ounce of her pain.

i wrote her a card and in it it stated the poem my brother read at my fathers service:
(it's one of my favorites)


When tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see;
If the sun should rise and find your eyes,
All filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today
While thinking of the many things,
We didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too;
But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try and understand,
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand.
So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here,
In your heart.




No comments: